Cold Mornings and Wet Noses…

On Saturday something rather significant happened. We re-homed the most beautiful girl Indie. A stunning 3.5yr old black German Shepherd dog. I say re-homed, because she wasn’t rescued. Her previous owners circumstances changed quite significantly and I am so grateful for being entrusted to give Indie her forever home. 


Even within a week, Indie has settled into her new home quickly, and without fuss. Even as I write, she is on the sofa beside me. Life is too short to not let your dog on the sofa! Besides, it’s so nice to know that she already trusts us to look after her. The cuddles and belly rubs mean its pretty safe to say she likes it here. 


So why a dog, and why now?


The why now was facilitated through my brother in law, who knew of the situation as it was his best friend, and knew we could give Indie her forever home. A few phone calls and a 5hr car trip later, and the rest as they say is history. 


I’ve always been a dog person. I like the loyalty and the bond. Plus, there is nothing quite like when a dog sees you and is happy to see you. They don’t fake feelings. If you are met with a wagging tail and being licked, then that’s something that just makes any day better. 


Another big thing on an individual level for me is that the last year has been quite tough mentally. Having a reason to get up earlier and go for a walk, and again after work is something that I secretly longed for - I just didn’t realise it until this week. The simple pleasure from walking across the fields early in the morning has brought me so much happiness. 


Never underestimate the positive effect of a cold crisp morning walk to make you feel alive. 


I guess what I’m trying to say this week is that sometimes something will change in your life, but it’s a change that you never knew you needed until it happened. 


The power of change is a good thing. Whatever way it comes, and whatever shape or form - even if it comes wagging it’s tail…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments

  1. Raymond I do understand where you are coming from like yourselves I have had dogs that needed a home and every one I have had brough pure joy into our lives thank you Raymond lots of love to you and your amazing wife Ronnie ❤️XX❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raymond Montgomery3 March 2023 at 09:21

    Thank you. They definitely bring so much joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment