Disconnecting, Reconnecting and an MRI

So, yesterday I spent an hour in hospital having an MRI following on from the knee replacement surgery I had 18 months ago. Why? Well it’s not been plain sailing since the initial operation. For the first 7 weeks I had a ‘dead leg’ where the tourniquet applied during the operation crushed the nerves in my leg and took a while to ‘thaw out’. From then it’s been stiff and sore, but mostly sore. 


I had the 18 month follow up with the surgeon and now he’s concerned there is either an underlying infection, a problem with the implant - or something completely different. 


That in itself is ok. Well, alright it’s not really. But I’m patient. I appreciate that if something is wrong (and yes it bloody feels like it) then there is a plan B. Though Plan B is an MRI and also a CT scan. “Just to check”.


As I enter red the MRI scanner, and reached the ear defenders “because it is quite noisy”, I entered another state of consciousness. I’m not saying my third eye opens and all my chakras aligned. Instead I meditated. Something I often do when I’m in a position where I need to switch off to what is happening around me. Yes, I was aware of that mechanical buzzing sound and the light vibration up through my lower torso and into my chest. But switch off I did. 


I was in there for approximately 35 mins, but it felt like 3. For me when I meditate quite often I get visions in my transient state. Today it was just lights. Or more specifically orbs of light surrounding me and gently passing over my head as I lay there motionless and patiently. 


What do the orbs represent? Often it’s said they represent the spirit of someone who has passed. Especially if they’ve been on your mind or in your thoughts. For those in my life who have passed, they are always in my thoughts. So I enjoy the thought that they’ve come to say hello. It happens because I’m forced to take time out with no possibility of distraction and no opportunity to do anything else. 


It’s such a refreshing feeling. 


Now I’m not saying you need to be clamped into a MRI machine to be able to achieve this, but it does mean that we should take more time to ourselves to be able to disconnect to reconnect in this way. 


Only when we switch off, either forced or by choice, do we truly get to allow ourselves to be open to everything the world, either this or the next, has to offer. 


Close your eyes, slow your breathing and enjoy the journey you’re about to undertake…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments