A Lifetime Of Years Ago…

This week I had the lovely experience of meeting up with a cousin from Boston, who I haven’t seen in 35yrs. He brought his family on vacation to UK and also including some time Ireland to trace family heritage. 


A few messages and a missed phone call later, I met with them in London on Wednesday evening. I must admit it’s kind of bizarre meeting someone after such a long time, but what was great was how the conversation flowed so easily and there was plenty of laughter too. 


So after a few hours, as I bid fair well to get the last train home I messaged him to thank him and his family for the evening and I made a comment about “after a lifetime of years”. At the time these words just come from out of nowhere. But as I took the train ride home, and since, I have been thinking about what I meant by that expression. 35 years is a long time. But the lifetime in those years comes with many realisations. The lives that have come into existence - that of his 4 kids, and of my own kids. But also the lives that are no longer part of our journeys. This is where it kind of hits the most. 


Throughout our lives, there will be many lives that come into and out of our respective journeys. Some longer than others, and some longer than our own. But whatever the duration, they all bring purpose and memories. 


Never let the memories die, for as long as they are told and re-told then the person lives forever. When the memories are shared, it brings a whole new dimension to it - even more so when the person you’re sharing with has their own take on the memory, and all of a sudden it grows and you breathe a little more life into it. 


A lifetime of years ago - it’s not that long; if you fill it with adventures and memories…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments

  1. Another very good read Raymond Happy Damn Friday to you and the beautiful Ronnie.❤️XX❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. happydamnfriday30 June 2023 at 13:24

    Thank you Kathy. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment