Gratitude, Friendship and Rock…

Over the last week I have been very fortunate in that I got to attend Download Festival again this year. Something that was part of my 50th birthday celebrations, and also marked the 20th anniversary of the festival since it was reincarnated as ‘Download’. 


Over the course of a long weekend, I had an absolute blast. I spent the full time with my brother-in-law, and also his brother, and other friends. I also got to meet up with friends old and new while there. Some I have been in contact with for a few years, but never met, others I’ve known almost my entire life and got to hang out again celebrating the music we have shared over our lives. 


One of the main draws of this years festival was to see my favourite band Metallica play twice over the duration of the festival. For those that know me, they will understand how much this means to me, as they’ve been my favourite band since I was 14yrs old. 


Something even more special happened when I was given a pass into the ‘Snake Pit’ area at the front of the stage. This was most unexpected, but wow did it mean a lot to me. I got to watch the gig with a small number of V.I.P’s and friends and family of the bands. Imagine the smile on my face being approximately one metre away from my musical heroes. Even getting to fist bump two of the band during their set. Nothing will top that for an experience at any concert. For that I am incredibly thankful to Mick, the guy who tirelessly runs the Metallica chapter I am part of. 


Whilst I returned home on Monday absolutely shattered, I come home feeling very happy and very thankful. I am very grateful to be in the position where I could go, and that is something I do not take for granted. For many years I was not able to. If anything it makes me appreciate it even more. 


For me, this is a reminder. A reminder to be happy, and a reminder to be thankful. 


I am all of those. I look at it as a lesson in gratitude, friendship and rock…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments

  1. Raymond so pleased you had a fantastic 50th Birthday you deserve to have a great day Happy Damn Friday to you and Ronnie ♥️XX♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment