Morning Walks & Losing Your Mind…

Have you ever had one of those times when you take a complete mind block. You know, when you lose your train of thought completely, and for no apparent reason. Or what about going into a room at home only to forget why we went in there in the first place. I do it, all of it. I’m sure we all do. 


For me, because I tend to have a lot on my mind, I get random things springing to mind which end up throwing my train of thought, if even only momentarily. Most of the time it’s a good thing, because when it happens it brings clarity of what has come to mind. This often brings good ideas and direction, enabling me to find the best way forward in most, if not all situations. 


Another thing I notice is in the early morning when I take my dog Indie for a walk. Because I am up and about before a lot of people, as I wander through the fields, my mind is free to wander and wonder. I love the randomness of thought I have during these early morning walks. Sights, sounds, even smells trigger thoughts. Or bring about a reminder of something I am planning to do. When the later happens, it’s almost like a subconscious good idea has been delivered by my brain and now it’s time to process it without interruption from everything else that’s going on in my head at any given time. 


Try it. Seriously, allow your mind to bring forth thoughts and ideas and see where it takes your day. Who knows, if it’s a particularly good one, see where it takes your life. But to fully immerse yourself in this experiment of your own mind, don’t try to influence what you think about. I mean, of course you can and it’s easy to do so. But it doesn’t give you the freedom for your mind to do its thing. That’s when the magic happens. 


Mind blocks and staring into the void? It’s just like losing your mind losing your mind - in a good way…


Happy Damn Friday! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:

@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com




Comments