Irreplaceable...

Ever lose something irreplaceable? 


This week I have been torn apart by the loss of a young man who has left a forever mark on my heart, a young man who lived his life with special needs, but lived his life with a smile that could light up the darkest of days. I'm talking about Kieran. A young man who at 20yrs old has had his life taken from us so suddenly and unexpectedly. 


Sometimes we meet someone who can leave an impact on your life that you never really release just how big it is, because like me you just enjoy every second of being part of their life and having them as part of yours. 


I was going to write this week about how unbelievably tough it was to lose a child. Don't get me wrong, I have seen the devastation that has had this week on the heart of my partner. I have seen her absolutely overwhelmed with loss, with grief and with complete emptiness having lost the biggest part of their life. 


Ok, so I loved that young man like he was my own child. I loved the fact that in the short time I was part of his life I was able to lead him astray with sharing my beers and with listening to rock music with him and taking him to gigs. But most of all, I loved the fact that I made him smile. 


When you make someone smile, and I mean smile from their heart out, you know it. You have a reward greater than any treasure on the face of the earth, because you have created an emotion that in return gives the sense of complete and utter happiness. 


You made me so happy, and I have so many smiles, so many memories and at the end so many tears. 


Your time on this world was shorter than most, but your impact was greater than many. You are an emblem of what life is about. 


A disability or a wheelchair doesn't make someone unable to live. The difference between the possible and impossible is ones will. The dreams you dare to dream really do come true! 


I will raise a glass to you tonight buddy x


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! X



I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


rayo1973@hotmail.com

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com



Comments