Face Up...

There are times in our lives when we need to be accountable for who we are. Not to be judged by others, but instead to be accountable for ourselves. The times when we need to face up to life and whatever we come across along the way. 


Ok, so I know I am highly unlikely to ever be a famous rock star - not being able to play a guitar like Hendrix is probably a stumbling block to start with... But I can do a lot of other stuff - some of which I am pretty good at. I am good at it because it makes up who I am. Same goes for my professional life, I am accountable to myself because the decisions I make are those which I believe are in the best interest of the company I work for and the team I work with and represent. This week I have completed a self appraisal for work and it is something that is remarkably hard to do. To be self critical, but at the same time be realistic. I am aware I can always learn, that I can always do better - that is something that I am ok with. Because I know that in a years time when I come to do it again I will have achieved more than I have this year. Better still I am encouraged by a manager who that is of a likewise mindset. 


For a very long time I have always believed that motivation is the key to innovation. With regard to motivation, don’t just restrict it to your professional life. Be motivated to do all you do. It will open up doorways and it will open your mind to know there is nothing you cannot achieve. 


The world is a big place, but with the power of technology it is smaller than it has ever been. By the fact that you are reading this means that you already have access to more information from all around the world that generations before us could only ever have dreamt of. There in itself is one of my motivations, the fact that with every single day in life I research something. Ever heard the expression “every day is a school day”. Every day is an opportunity to face up to life. Every day is an opportunity for taking over the world. You have today or you have the rest of your life to take the world for your own, just don’t wait too long to take it. 


There's a whole world out there but it's shrinking fast. You want to take it all and make it last forever - Or maybe just a lifetime...


Happy Damn Friday Peeps! x


I'd love to hear from you - you can reach me on:


@happydamnfriday on Twitter

happydamnfriday@outlook.com

happydamnfriday@yahoo.com




Comments